: How to Workout | Things You Need To Be Doing In Your Workouts
How to Workout | Things You Need To Be Doing In Your Workouts
Let’s face it, sometimes working out can be boring as hell – I mean, who really wants to run on a treadmill and look at that sweaty dude in front for 30 minutes?
Not me that’s for sure.
Which is why today I want to share some knowledge and fun tips with you that can take your workout from mind numbingly boring to utterly incredible.
There are a million and one ways you can change your workouts and light that flame in the mind to excite you while you exercise- and they are good …just not as good as mine, so do mine instead.
1. Barbell Complexes
I personally think these are awesome as they are time efficient and require only 1 piece of equipment.
What are they?
Apart from being awesome, as you have just found out. They are a series of exercises that require the use of one barbell, and more importantly, one selected weight.
A simple routine to follow would be the one below, which lets you flow from one sickeningly hard exercise to another having no rest at all – much like a ballerina would flow from one move to the next – sort of.
1. Shoulder press
2. Front Squat
3. Bent over Row
4. Romanian Deadlift
5. Hang Clean
Select one weight for all of the exercises so that there isn’t any swapping and changing, then do about 12 reps of each exercise.
2. 30 Minute Hellish Workouts
These workouts are usually only given to my subscribers who follow me via my newsletter. If you haven’t already done so then click on the blue tab at the top right of your screen, then you too can enjoy the benefits of becoming part of the Alexander Team. – I’ll wait for you to do it
Great, let’s move on.
I’ll share with you a little taster of one of the workouts that was posted this week.
1. Box Jumps
2. Bicycle Crunches
3. Alternating Lunges
4. Leg Raises
5. Jumping Squats
6. Russian Twists
7. Jumping Lunges
8. Weighted Crunches
So, the idea is to complete as many rounds of this circuit as possible within 30 minutes. Do 20 reps of each exercise with little/no rest at all between.
Then at the end, count up how many points you achieved.
3. Training with a partner
There’s nothing weird or wacky about this one, just simply, train with a partner. I suppose you can look at it with a positive and negative outlook.
1. More motivation.
2. Some one to high five, chest bump and fist bump with.
3. You will push more weight.
4. You won’t feel stupid doing weird ‘out there’ exercises on your own.
5. You get to high five someone!
1. More talking about loose women and less time training.
2. They might not actually like high fiving, which then ultimately leaves you hanging once you have thrown it up in the air.- nobody wants that.
3. They might be a moaner and moan about all the exercises you are doing because they are too hard – in that case you would obviously be better off on your own.
4. They might smell or be one of those people who sweat profusely – again, opt for working alone.
4. These exercises
Amazing for your abs
Amazing for kicking ass and fat, and ass fat
- Kicking for cardio and a thinner waist
Amazing for fat burning and working your obliques
Amazing for various workouts – shoulders, core, legs, back
- Jumping Rope
Amazing for cardio, burning fat and looking cool
Amazing for sculpting your legs and bum, and also bringing the inner child out of you
5. Not resting
Make your workouts so much harder by reducing your rest times between exercises, or even having no rest at all.
6. High five-ing or Bro fisting
This won’t actually help you make progress in the gym so to speak, but, it’s really cool- so do it.
So go forth and use these tomorrow in your next workout.
Let me know how you get on, and what exercises you found the hardest
Leave a Reply:
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Looking for something?
- Are you really working hard?
- 8 Things You Need To Do To Reach Your Goals
- Wilmslow Personal Trainer | How To Keep New Years Resolutions
- Wilmslow Personal Trainer | Christmas Strategies
- Wilmslow Personal Trainer | Why believing everything you read is bad for you
- How to workout | How to warm up
- How to Workout | Things You Need To Be Doing In Your Workouts
- How to Workout | Go heavy or go home!
- Wilmslow Personal Trainer | 35 things I live by
- Wilmslow Personal Trainer | How To Workout
- How to Workout | How To Kick Your Arse Into Gear
- Wilmslow Personal Trainer | Myth Busting
- 10 ways of losing weight at home
- Living the 80/20 Life ( guest post )
- 5 ways to screw up your progress
- 5 Simple Nutritional Rules
- Coconut Water
- Super Mum Workout Routine
- A little bit about confidence
- Workout of The Week No2